Senior Accountant within the Client Accounting Services team at Element CPA in Cabbagetown, Atlanta.
The Senior Accountant position within Element Client Accounting Services is responsible for providing bookkeeping and basic tax reporting services working as an integral member of both the Tax and Audit Practice Teams.
A Senior Accountant at Element will be expected to,
1. Build strong working relationships with clients
2. Effectively document work so that others can reperform the work without consultation from the individual completing the work
3. Identify and communicate client and engagement issues as well as progress in a timely fashion to teammates and supervisors
4. Work to accurately complete project components and tasks including, but not limited to, the following:
• Preparing bank reconciliations
• Reconciling all balance sheet accounts
• Preparing monthly journal entries
• Preparing monthly payroll and journal entries
• Preparing quarterly and annual payroll reports
• Preparing monthly and annual financial statements
• Preparing Forms 1099 and 1096
• Preparing sales, use and excise tax returns
5. Supervise the work project and tasks for Junior Accountants
1. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
2. Strong analytical, technical and research skills
3. Ability to balance multiple priorities and complete assignments within time constraints and deadlines
4. Strong verbal and written communication skills
5. Ability to quickly adapt to changing client and business dynamics
• BE PASSIONATE about building processes and procedures in an entrepreneurial way
• BE COMFORTABLE and enjoy working in a new and ever changing environment
• BE INTERESTED in people and companies from different paths of our community
• BE DEDICATED to providing personalized attention and service to all our clients
• BE a PROACTIVE and strategic team member
• BE a RELATIONSHIP BUILDER
• BE a TEAM PLAYER
• BE TRUSTWORTHY
• BE KIND
While education and practical experience both play a role in qualifying a candidate for this position, the education component is not a mandatory requirement. A strong educational component is a very desirable trait in a candidate, however, we know that quality practical experience can provide the same benefits for a candidate as formal education. A candidate for this position will have components of the following which qualify them as an applicant:
• Experience working as a client services accountant in a public accounting firm
• Experience working as a senior accountant in a medium or large company
• Formal accounting education at an accredited college or university
• Formal training in a corporate environment
Proficiency in Microsoft Office software programs and experience with QuickBooks products, with a strong emphasis on QuickBooks Online (QuickBooks Pro Advisor is a plus). A highly qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate the ability to quickly navigate other software applications without prior experience with that software.
Element CPA is not your typical accounting firm. We serve clients in dynamic industries such as film & entertainment, hospitality, and real estate, as well as traditional industries such as retail and construction. This gives our professionals incredible experience and training. We are as dynamic as our clients. As we look ahead in the future of our firm, we see incredible growth opportunities for team members.
Interested candidates should email their resume to us with Senior Accountant within Client Accounting Services Job Application in the subject line.